Sunday 31 January 2021

Search Me O God


 1. Search me O God my actions try

And let my life appear As seen by thine all searching eye To mine my ways make clear. 2. Search all my sense and know my heart Who only canst make known And let the deep the hidden part To me be fully shown. 3. Throw light into the darkened cells Where passion reigns within Quicken my conscience till it feels The loathsomeness of sin 4. Search all my thoughts the secret springs The motives that control The chambers where polluted things Hold empire over the soul. 5. Search till Thy fiery glance has cast Its holy light through all And I by grace am brought at last Before Thy face to fall 6. Thus prostrate I shall learn of Thee What now I feebly prove That God alone in Christ can be Unutterable love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.